- Discounted rates on BAJS Conferences and other events
- Annual subscription to Japan Forum (four issues a year from 2010)
- Free access to the online version of Japan Forum via your membership page of the BAJS website.
- Free Conference travel for UK-based postgraduate presenters at BAJS conferences
- Membership of the wider Japanese Studies community in the United Kingdom and beyond
Categories and fees (2016)
- £10 Student/Unwaged
- £30 Full (Tier 1) Gross annual income up to £30,000
- £40 Full (Tier 2) Gross annual income up to £40,000
- £50 Full (Tier 3) Gross annual income over £40,000
Note that the British Association for Japanese Studies appears on HMRC's list of Approved Professional Organisations and Learned Societies, so membership subscriptions can be offset against Income Tax for taxpaying members in the British University sector. See the HMRC guidance here.
All membership subscriptions are handled online and are paid via a secure online payment system (PayPal). As well as the advantages of being able to pay for your subscription using your credit / debit card, the system allows members to log in to the BAJS website and manage their personal details (contact address, email etc). Member login
If you are an existing member and need a reminder of your login details for the site, you can obtain this via the Member login.
Please take a moment when renewing your subscription to check that all your membership details, including email and postal contact addresses are correct and current, and amend your membership record if necessary.
New members will shortly be able to subscribe to a BAJS membership for the year 2016.