- New East Asian Language rep on University Council of Modern Language is@HoodCP from Cardiff University.
- New programme: Daiwa Scholarships in #Japanese Studies for British postgraduates http://t.co/lfGWZh2Gje
- Two Academic Assistants (60% PhD-positions) History Department, University of Zurich, Switzerland http://t.co/rx3Z7mZzdH
- Sasakawa Studentships in #Japanese Studies, University of Leed. Deadline: 27/2/15 http://t.co/IAc4Yufr9z
- WRoCAH PhD Studentships (Arts and Humanities). University of Leeds Deadline 2/2/15 http://t.co/mvCAfK2Kpl
Welcome to BAJS
The British Association for Japanese Studies is a UK-based association of scholars and researchers dedicated to the development of Japanese Studies. Our aim is to promote teaching and research on Japan by coordinating events such as academic conferences and circulating information about the field.
Our website is here to inform non-members about the association and its activities, as well as provide BAJS members with an effective and useful method of keeping up to date with Japanese Studies in the UK.
The Daiwa Scholarships in Japanese Studies, have now been launched. They are open to UK nationals who have an Honours degree in Japanese. The aim of these Scholarships is to support students undertaking postgraduate degrees in Japanese Studies-related courses in either the UK or Japan. Scholars affiliated to UK universities must undertake at least part of their studies in Japan. The Scholarship will cover university fees for the course in question, plus living expenses. The application deadline is 28 May 2015